Psalm 119:9-16 (NIV)
How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, Lord; teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth.
I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.
a Mother Teresa Meditation
"Seeking the face of God in everyone, everything, all the time, and His hand in every happening; this is what it means to be contemplative in the heart of the world. Seeing and adoring the presence of Jesus.." -- Mother Teresa
Meditation: Lift before God, one at a time, "everyone and everything" in your life. Let God show you (in your minds eye or in your feelings or in any way he chooses to show you) the presence of Jesus in each one. Thank Him.
Jeremiah 17 Meditation
Jeremiah 17 (NIV and YLT versions). Paraphrased:
1. Evil is engraved on their hearts and alters, even the children remember idolatry; and so they lost their inheritance, and are given away as plunder to their enemies, and enslaved.
2. Cursed is anyone who trusts man instead of Yahweh (makes an idol of any man?); the cursed one will not see prosperity when it comes, and will live in an uninhabited parched wasteland.
3. Blessed is the one who trusts in Yahweh. He is like a tree by water, abundant in heat or drought, and always bearing fruit.
4. A human heart is deceitful. Yahweh searches the heart and mind, and give to each according to her / his conduct. In the end, those who unjustly gain riches will be proved to be fools.
5. Yahweh is our everything, our: Hope, living water, sanctuary, healer, savior, Shepard, refuge, protector, destroyer of my enemies.
6. Keep the sabbath day HOLY. No working on the sabbath.
Jesus curses fig tree and talks about moving mountains: Mark 11 & Matthew 21.
MEDITATION: If there is ANY area in your life where you are being plundered, enslaved, or are parched and barren - ask Yahweh to give you revelation of whether you're under a curse.
Be Loved Meditation
Excerpted from a Robert Hotchkin blog (you might want to get his book too) entitled "Your Divine Job Description":
"If you wonder why God brought you forth, what your purpose might be, or what you are called to – it is simple. You were created by Him to receive, know, and experience His love. That is why you are in the earth. That is your job description. You were created to be loved! When you find yourself in a difficult situation and you wonder what the Lord would have you do to triumph or overcome – it is simple. He wants you to be loved, Beloved! He wants you to know and receive His love so that in all situations and circumstances, instead of being overcome with fear or doubt or confusion you remember and experience how fully and completely He cares for you and watches over you. He wants you to be loved, Beloved.
"...[t]ake a moment to remember that you are God’s Beloved. Take a moment to be loved by Him. As you receive His love, all fear will go (1 John 4:18), and your soul will once again focus on Him and His love for you. Rest in His love! And know that no matter what temporary facts might seem to say, the eternal truth is that God loves you and He is well able to perform His word in your life, Beloved. You are the Beloved of God. You were created to be loved!"
Invite the Holy Spirit into your being. Ask God to commune with you. Then pay attention.